Saturday 3 January 2015

Fresh oysters


Tried once during my uni years & I'm hooked on them since. 

They are on sale at Carrefour Montesson Paris today, 18€ for a basket. There are about 30 medium size fresh oysters in a basket. 


The freshly opened oysters, will have some sea water, try not to spill them when you open the oysters. They are yummy! I will drink the sea water before I eat the oysters. 😋   

My hubby's French friend once told us that we should always drink the sea water from the oysters. We are aware but never get the chance to try them cos they were already open & served on the plate. 

I always like my fresh oysters with just a little lemon juice. 

Finally get a chance to open (shuck) them. Picked up a new skill on how to shuck the oysters. 
Here is a video on how to open (shuck) an oyster. 

Bon appétit !! 

Chin's notes:
1. Do not use kitchen knife. Use an oyster knife as they are specially made for opening/shucking the oysters. 
2. Protect your hand that is holding the oyster. 

3. Added 06/01/2015 - apparently I need to scrub & clean the oysters before I shuck them.  Don't forget to clean your oysters. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment