Saturday 16 May 2015

Steamed Orange - a cough remedy?

The whole family had been sick since we came back from our short holiday trip to the Netherlands.  We get persistent night coughs.

Someone from the cooking forum shared a natural remedy & I decided to look up if there is a recipe / any information on Steamed Orange. 

Slice of the top & add 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
Steamed for 15 mins & leave to cool in the steamer.
Drink up, eat up & leave the skin.

Here is what I'd found : 

I bought some organic oranges & sea salt to try.  After taking the steamed oranges for 2 evenings. 
1. On the 1st night, coughs reduced. The 2nd night, it completely stopped or at least my sleep was not disturbed & I'm not aware if I did cough. 
2. Our day cough reduced as well. 

Chin's notes: 
1. I used 1/2 tsp of salt per orange. A bit salty for my kids but they still finished up the whole orange. 
2. Drink the accumulated water in the bowl. 
3. Will prepare these for the next few days. 
4. Please use organic oranges if possible, otherwise best to remove the wax on the orange skin before you streamed them. As you will be drinking the water accumulated in your bowl.
5. If you see a hole at the bottom of the orange.. It is not required to sliced the bottom., I was trying to level my orange & it was too big to close my lid.. 😁 

No comments:

Post a Comment