Thursday 11 February 2016

Lemon Drizzle


I had 4 pieces of this cake at a Year 7, coffee morning. One of the mom ( Sofia ) brought this cake. Been thinking about it since I came back & I sent a request to her to ask for the recipe. She is very kind to share her recipe :) 

It is one of my favourite cake! It is moist & the amount of sugar made it a yummy cake! Parfait, with a cup of tea/coffee! 

Here is the recipe: 


Ingredients: 
225g butter 
225g sugar 
4 eggs 
4 tbsp milk
Zest from 2 lemons 
275g self raising flour + 2 tsp baking powder

Syrup: 
175g sugar 
Juice from 2 lemons

Bake in a preheat oven @ 160 degree C for 40mins for 8"x8" baking pan. 

Chin's notes: 
1. This cake has a lot of sugar, I tried to cut the amount of sugar & the cake turned sour. It needs the sugar to make it yummy! 
2. First, I creamed the butter & sugar. Then add eggs, milk, lemon zest & lastly the flour + baking powder. Just to combine all the infredients. 
3. Do not pour the lemon syrup immediately after baked.  Wait for the cake to be warm. Otherwise the syrup will be too wet at the bottom. 
4. Sofia's cake :p

No comments:

Post a Comment