Saturday 9 January 2016

Cranberry Shortbread



This is recipe was shared by Vanessa Tay, I added ground almond instead of pistachios. And I used a different method in preparing the dough. 

Here is the recipe :-

Ingredients: 
160g salted cold butter - diced
50g sugar 
240g flour - sifted 
50g dried cranberries - cut into small pieces. 
20g ground almond 

Preparation steps: 
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar & butter. Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles bread crumbs. 
2. Add the cranberries & almond. Mix well & try to form a dough. 
3. Rest for 10 minutes in the fridge & roll out the dough. Cut using cookies cutter.  
4. Bake at 170 degree C in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Take out & leave to cool completely before storing in a air tight container. 

Here is the end product, Bon appétit !


Chin's notes: 
1. Alternatively you can roll into cylinder using the glad wrap then cut them out. 


2. I will also add another 20g of sugar in my next bake. I like my cookies on the sweet side.. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment