Tuesday 1 September 2015

Banana Chocolate Cake

Joining in the craze to bake this cake. I just finished baking & garnished this cake. An easy recipe! 



Recipe from Bear Naked Food & here is the link to the recipe. 


I find that the my cake was too thin & it does not have the volume, so I decided to halve my square cake & spread a layer of chocolate ganache on one & stack the other on top. Coat it with chocolate ganache & added the finishing touches! 

Voilà ! 

The texture of cake is moist & soft, Yummy!!!

Chin's notes: 
1. Baked using 10"x10" square baking tin. Will try a smaller baking pan.
2. The origin of the recipe:
3. I find that the sweetness is just nice. I used Lindt 70% cocoa chocolate is slightly on the bitter side. Hence the the bitter ganache actually compliments the sweetness. It was suggested in the recipe to use 70% cocoa chocolate. 
If sweet chocolate were used. Then I think it will be overly too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment