Wednesday 3 August 2016

Fish Pot


A dish I saw in the Hong Kong Drama Series ( 爱回家 八时入席 episode 82 ) looks simple enough & decided to give it a try ... 

There is no specify measurement to the ingredients. I roughly gauge the amount needed.  It is an easy dish and tasty. Yummy! 

Ingredients: 
5 pieces of white fish meat about 600g lightly seasoned with salt & pepper
1 onion sliced 
2 large potatoes cut chuncks 
2 tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup of white wine 
1/4 cup of water 
Some thyme ( I used mixed herbs) 
2 tbsp cooking oil

Preparation steps :
1. Lightly sauté onions with cooking oil in a pot. Then add white wine & water.
2. Lay potatoes & tomatoes. 
3.Lay the fish & top with thyme.
4. Cover the lid, cook in low heat for 30mins. Serve hot! 

Bon appétit !! 


Chin's notes:
1. She uses cod fish cutlets but I used any white fish. I used dry gin (Heeh heeh).
2. I'm using a cast iron pot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment