200g chicken meat cut into bite size
10 - 12 medium size prawns, cleaned.
2 big tomatoes cut into chuncks
1" ginger thinly sliced
2 garlic - chopped.
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Huatiao cooking wine.
Pepper to taste
5 bowls of water
3 eggs - beaten
1 - 2 tbsp of cooking oil for frying.
Light soya sauce to taste.
1. Marinate chicken with oyster sauce, cooking wine & pepper before you start preparing the other ingredients.
2. Heat up wok, add in the oil. When is all heated, add in the garlic & ginger, fry until fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken, fry until almost cooked. Add in the tomatoes. Fry a little until you see signs of tomatoes skin peeling.
4. Add in the prawns & water. Bring to boil. Add in light soya sauce.
5. Turn off the flame. Hold the beaten eggs high & pour thinly, swirl around the soup.
6. Serve hot with spring onions.
Bon appétit !!
Chin's notes :
1. I find that when the tomatoes are cooked ( skin peeling ), the soup taste better.
2. This recipe is also ideal for thick soup. If you like thick soup, you can add 4 - 5 tbsp ( depending on the amount of water you have prepared) of corn flour mixed with some water. Add to the soup ( in step 4) before you swirl in the eggs.